Monday, February 4, 2008

in search of the perfect problem

I have just had the most deliciously evil thought.

You are aware that after the 'Niffen' incident I was put on seriously restricted duties, confined to the pro bono program and tethered to Ben's ankle until I proved my self again. The matter for Peter's VGM seems to have redeemed me in the eyes of the partners and the work situation for 2008 is looking tres positive.

Ben is looking more and more precarious. There is no way I can stop him crashing down unceremoniously so the right thing do is offer to cushion the fall. Be there as the supportive friend as he is swiped from partnership (perhaps even plant a seed in the minds of Uncle and Peters that all is not well with Ben) then slowly take over his work to build my own partnership worthy practice. This is all for the good of BCF of course, I wouldn't want to see the quality of the work and client satisfaction continue to flounder under Ben's poor guidance.

I am, after all, 'not too bad for a skirt'. I just need to find the perfect problem to knock Ben off his perch once and for all... drugs, terminal illness, gambiling problem? What can I gossip madly about to Kate and Uncle to destroy him? Ideas anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

trixie - brilliant stuff.

your blog reads (and i have just read the whole thing from go to whoa) like an australian bridget jones set in the legal arena. great sense of conflict and enough titillation to keep a bloke interested.

i am looking forward to seeing how the burdgeoning love between you and ben develops. please don't pretend that it's anything other than that!

if it does fall flat, consider this my 'personals' ad - australian grad, working as a paralegal in london bcf, currently supervising a data room, identifies with your search for career opportunities despite an unconventional cv...

cheers.