Monday, March 31, 2008

a note from the other side....

So I haven't posted for a while because I have been so insanely busy with a GINORMOUS piece of litigation which is slowly sucking the life out of me as well as most of the other lawyers in the team.

It's great timing, coming up to review season, to be billing 11 hours a day but how sustainable is it long term? 'Not very' would be my answer.

And I have so much to fill you in on: the move of the retreat from Melbourne to Lorne (well that's not actually very interesting they just lied to us and changed it without telling anyone); Ben's official demotion back to Senior Associate (the office wide email was issued last week); my insomnia (which is RIGHT out of control and making me do strange things); the few but very promising dates I have had with a state public servant called Adam; and the fact I have developed an obsession with baking my own bread.

I will try to come back and post again soon but it's not looking good. Hope you're all well! xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Trixie, I LOVE your blog. Your ability to see through the transperancy of law firm politics and add some humour to the difficult situations and stress we experience is sustaining me through my first year of practice. I no longer feel like Im the only one rolling my eyes. Cant wait for the next instalment! Love a fellow disenchanted lawyer.

Trixie Allan said...

Thanks for your comment, believe me, none of us is alone, we are soldiering on through the law firm life (and it can be a crazy one) all together. Good luck and don't let them get the better of you baby!