Monday, June 2, 2008

too far?

Following the strangeness of cake mail, things have largely gone back to normal here at BCF (well as normal as things ever get).

We have one week left of discovery, the affidavits are due with the Court on Monday. I feel strangely sad that the process is coming to an end. I know that it's not really coming to an end and that lodging the affidavits is actually just the beginning of the process but I am not sure I want to give up the wave of billable hours I am currently riding. It's a sweet sweet thing to be meeting budgets, exceeding production targets and generally being an all round favourite.

I had my performance review lodged and approved at 'exceeds expectations' today. I am being sent on the national 'earmarked for partnership' program which, unfortunately, is going to be held at a little resort in Noosa later in the year.

Ben also had his performance review scheduled for today but his was some time this afternoon and I have not seen him since. I offered to take him for a drink afterwards and I am expecting my phone to ring any minute now.

Or maybe he just went home, apparently someone left a copy of the latest lawyers' weekly with the ads for senior associate positions circled in red on his chair.

People are so unkind.

No comments: