Thursday, September 13, 2007

the spreadsheet

So, with only one week to go to September Shindig, I have managed to compile the ever-important RSVP spreadsheet Uncle requested.

I had myself down as not attending and when I was collecting other people's responses I was shocked to find that most people were attending. Kate and Jean-Claude are of course going. No doubt they will wear matching outfits or at least he will wear a tie that co-ordinates with her dress.

Even the admin staff are going. In fact, they seem quite excited about it. And understandably. They work bloody hard all year with very little thanks from pompous gits with an over-inflated sense of self importance. I'd be excited about a night on the champagne too if I had to work for all those lawyers.

So I did briefly re-consider my non-attendance but then decided not to change my mind and stand firm in my policy of not drinking and networking with work colleagues just because I 'should' rather than because I actually want to.

However, I'm not entirely sure Uncle is so fond of my stand on this issue. I just delivered him the spreadsheet, money and RSVPs including excuses. He was fairly tolerant of the excuses that were based on annual leave and overseas trips but less tolerant of my 'I just don't want to go' attitude.

Uncle said he was 'very disappointed', that Peters would be very 'disappointed' and, most of all, he was sure Ben would be 'very disappointed'.

Which just confirms my suspicion that they are all part of some evil plot to bring me down.

So now, of course, I must attend and I am going to have to look UBER smashing so as not to disappoint anyone and be UBER smart so I can outwit Ben.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ivomikuz.jamminweb.com/oweqony.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real money.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]