Monday, October 29, 2007

breakfast

I had a breakfast meeting with Peters this morning about the pro-bono program. He seems genuinely excited about the whole set-up and keen to get things moving as quickly as possible. We had a bit of a brainstorming session and I think we have actually come up with some good ideas.

We thought offering to write wills (for free) for terminally ill cancer patients could be a good one. And providing some lawyers on call for women checking into one of the local domestic violence shelters. The drought too, we decided we should work out some way to help the farmers with the drought. Good programs that make a difference in the community. And more importantly, get the BCF name out there in the community,

At the end of the breakfast, as we walked across Collins Street to the office, Peters slapped me on the back and said "good job". It was strange but let me know I am going in the right direction.

Then he handed me a business card and said, "Call this lady, she's an old family friend of mine and she's got a matter I'd like you to handle. You've got the relevant experience, get Ben to sign off on any work for you, he's done some crime too."

"Of course", I said.

But inside I could feel a storm brewing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog, it is just like my firm. Keep it up, can't wait to read more of your posts!