Monday, August 6, 2007

review

No slime this week. In fact no gripes about entering time either. I feel quite excited about the week. We had our reviews last week and despite some of the monumental stuff-ups I have pioneered both in and out of court in the last few months BCF seems to not find me too repulsive. I wonder if this has something (everything?) to do with the fact that my Uncle is BCF managing partner. It's possible but I like to pretend it is not so.

Ben, of course, was earmarked for partner because apparently he embodies 'all the joys that are BCF' now that we are BCF (incorporating ABC). I think ABC BCF would have just been too confusing for a firm name. And he won't stop bragging about it. I got an email from him this morning set out like pleadings arguing why he was the best and most attractive person in BCF. I think he thought it was hilarious. It just made me angry so I issued a counterclaim on my behalf. He then issued a 'no case to answer' and threw my claim out. Bastard.

Kate got a stellar review also (well my Uncle is her Dad so same reasoning might apply here). In fact the response seems to have been universally positive. Maybe they don't say nasty things at this time of year?

On the dirty gossip front Kate and John are all on. He seems to be sleeping over (and in our kitchen in the morning) almost every day now. They really are lovely. But sometimes I do wonder whether he might like to bugger off for a while so I can have my couch back and watch Grey's Anatomy with a block of chocolate on Sunday night rather than having to carefully perch on the arm of the sofa as they make out and recline in comfort, legs intertwined. Small complaint really.

No comments: